Mentors and Buddies
Two special groups of active members of I*ESN Tilburg are the mentors and buddies. The mentor and buddy system are cornerstones of I*ESN. Besides guiding and introducting international students to the Tilburg student live, mentors and buddies also have weekly contact with their mentor/buddy group and with each other through dinners and other I*ESN-activities.
Due to their weekly contact with international students they are aware of needs and wants of the students. Therefore, we want to involve the mentors as much as possible in the organization of I*ESN. Last but not least, ideas from mentors and buddies can improve certain things and introducing something new is welcome at all times!
Together with two comentors, a mentor has a group of 20 exchange students. You guide your group through all introduction events (TOP week & Introduction Camp) and keep in touch with them through the weekly mentor dinners. As mentors you arrange the weekly mentor dinners together with your group members and make sure that your group feels at home in Tilburg.
Your job as a mentor can be divided into the following aspects:
- Helping to arrange and attending your groups
mentor dinner each week on Tuesday night.
- Making sure you and your group get to Carpe Diem between 22h30 and 23h00 each Tuesday for the weekly drink or theme party. Enthusiastic and dressed up mentors set the right example to the exchange students!
- Make your group members feel at home in Tilburg. Beside the social aspects this also means helping them with questions and problems.
- Reading the weekly updates by e-mail and the I*ESN Magazine, so you are informed about all I*ESN activities, and are able to pass this on to the students. Of course all activities are the most fun if there is a large enthusiastic crowd, so make sure the students are aware of what is going on and alert them on the advantages of signing up!
- Being at the Introduction Camp and helping out, so that everything runs smoothly.
- Help out during the Arrival Days, Welcome week or the TOP week, where we introduce new students to our organization, and to you!
The experience of being a mentor
Besides learning about new cultures, the joy of helping people and becoming close with people from different backgrounds. Being a mentor is a lot of FUN! If you do not believe it, or would you like to know a little more about the experience of being a mentor. Then read about the experience of a mentor by I*ESN mentors themselves.
Become an I*ESN mentor (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
Would you like to become a mentor in fall semester 2013, become close to international students and other active members and guide your group through the TOP week and their exchange? Then fill in the following application form (and a picture of yourself) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Friday May 31st